- Pick one thing to start with. This is an incomplete list, let me know what else should be here.
- For each action you take (or commit to), write it on a post-it and put it on our Grand Totals of OCC Actions. We’ll keep running totals on display on The Wall.
- Stay for the meditation on prayer circle 4-4.30 with Rev. Sally Train.
Who to Call or Write about What:
- Call/write on any issue with script and who to direct your message to at 5calls.org
- Find your lawmaker at Common Cause – Holding Power Accountable.
- Single Payer Health Care in California – call your State Senator here
Commit to More Actions – marches, town hall meetings with elected representatives etc.
- UCC Justice Events calendar of marches
happening in the near future and more.
- Orinda Progressives Action Alliance – we are working with this group. You can get directly involved too.
- March for Science SF, April 22nd
- Michael Moore’s Resistance Calendar
The Indivisible Guide to resisting the Trump agenda: the playbook being used by much of the resist movement. See this for where OPAA and others are coming from.
- Donate to:
- Interfaith Movement on Human Integrity (Rev. Debbie Lee’s immigrant welcoming non-profit that OCC will start working with.
- UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
- Planned Parenthood
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- American Civil Liberties Union
- And more… let me know what.
Subscribe to Fact-Checked News Sources:
Commit to Consumer Action
- Grab your Wallet! See the list of companies to boycott
Write Signs for the Scientists’ March on April 22nd
- Effective wording at The Metaphor Project based on Prof.George Lakoff’s work
- Sign ideas from Pinterest
Knit a Pink Hat for Marches etc.
- The Pussy Hat Project patterns and video clips.
Commit to Divest and Invest in Ethical Ways
- We need someone to head this up – powerful but complex…
Get Inspired with Good News
- Good news from Upworthy.com plus ideas for more actions.
- STAY FOR MEDITATION AND PRAYERS run by Rev. Sally Train.